Sunday, November 8, 2009

POWER

I don't have any idea what's wrong with my body these days. It seems like my energy is being suck out of my soul. And can't tell how many times have i yawn in this one day. *hoaaaam!!



Went to help out a friend yesterday. Mona, works at this magazine and was having this photo session with some models. She needed some help with the make-up. So why not??


After that, lunch with Maggie. We went to this place I love. The food is very Indonesian.



There's a place in Indonesia called Makasar. And all of the foods above comes from there. We had Coto Makasar, Konro Bakar, and Es Pisang Ijo. Konro is the Makasar language for "ribs". It's very delicious and full of spices.


Anyway, been through a lot lately. Have a lot of thoughts also. One of them is about "POWER". According to my dictionary, POWER is strength, force, or energy. It can also mean authority or control. Now, I'm thinking about getting that strength, energy, authority, whatever you call it, but I WANT it. But how?
As far as I'm concerned, it's not easy to get one. As the matter of fact, while some people are having it, they tend to use it in the wrong way. Just look at all the powerful people in the world. Hitler, Osama bin Laden, and some of the terrorists, they have the power, but they don't use it wisely. But how and from where can they get all the power they have? I think i got the answer.

Money.

Yes, money. As they say, money can buy everything. Even happiness. I've learnt that, with money, you can control just about everything, even other's need and want. For example, you and your friends are about to get some dinner. But you are the one who pay for it. So who get to decide the place and what to eat?? Of course the one who has what?? Money.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I want to have the money so that I'll be able to control everyone else. I'm just being realistic. I just want to be able to have the authority to get the things that I want, to decide what the things that I need. I don't want others to tell and control me just because they are the one who have the money. If it's my money, then hopefully, they'll let me decide.
You can't decide what you want to do if the power is not yours.

For now, I'll just gonna eat all the madness inside, and make a promise to myself. I will have the money. After that, I will buy all the things that you have, and the things that you only dream of having. And soon, I will have the power, not to control people, but to control myself and not being controlled.

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide"

My Life, My Way
Imelda "imei" Suharsono


No comments:

Post a Comment